The City of Unley is home to more than 5,600 businesses. These businesses are the lifeblood of our community and provide connections, convenience, jobs and more.
By supporting local businesses, we help keep them in business and keep money circulating within the community.
Each year, a number of campaigns are delivered to attract visitors and harness community advocacy.
Explore every corner
The City of Unley #keepitlocalunley campaign encourages visitors to explore every corner and shop local and support all services within our City.
Help us share the 'explore every corner' message
To assist in getting the 'explore every corner' message out there, we have created online assets for local businesses and business associations to use on their own platforms.
Download the Keep it Local online assets(ZIP, 5MB)
- Display the 'explore every corner' collateral in your business to keep the message top of mind.
- Use the assets on your social media, these could be used in conjunction with your own images or videos.
The 'Keep it local/Explore every corner' campaign assets, both digital and printed, are free to be used by businesses and business associations for purposes that align with the intent of the Keep it local campaign only. Read the full disclaimer.
Find your everything
The City of Unley operates the Find Your Everything Instagram page that profiles new business, events and interesting aspects of the Unley business community. It aims to drive awareness of Unley as a destination amongst community so they become advocates to their family and friends.
Businesses are encouraged to be featured by sending council an email with an image, caption and appropriate hashtags and your handle to be tagged. The final post may be tweaked to ensure there is consistency across all posts.
Consider these social media tips to support local business:
- Use the hashtags #keepitlocalunley #findyoureverything #Unley in your social media posts (and others relevant to your business).
- Tag and follow these Instagram accounts: City of Unley, Find Your Everything and relevant business precincts (King William Road, Goodwood Road, Unley Road, Destination Highgate, Duthy Street).
- Tag and follow these Facebook accounts: City of Unley, King William Road, Goodwood Road, Unley Road, Destination Highgate, Duthy Street)
- Post regularly to maintain interest and share your unique selling points.
- Tell your online audience how much their support means to your business.
- Encourage customers to like, share and comment on your posts.
- Only make positive comments on other's posts. If you disagree with a statement, then best practice is to reach out privately. This is also a clever way to manage negative comments on your posts by actioning them in a safe environment and not adding 'fuel to the fire'.
You may also be interested in: