The City of Unley welcomes and actively encourages film companies, commercial photographers, educational institutions, film studios, television stations and the public to utilise Unley’s city streets and recreational areas for media production.
To minimise inconvenience to residents and to ensure filming activity complies with Council requirements regarding issues such as public liability, safety and public notification.
You WILL need to lodge a permit application if you are:
- part of a commercial business or media production company
- a not-for-profit organisation or
- a student.
You WILL need a permit if you want to:
- use the city streets, footpaths, parks and precincts
- close or have exclusive use of public areas such as parks, roadways and footpaths
- use freestanding equipment such as lighting, generators, dolly tracks and tripods that could be a danger to the public or restrict public use of an area.
- have cables on the ground in a public area.
You WILL NOT need a permit if you want to film on private property within the City of Unley. However, when filming on private property:
- no car parking spaces are to be barricaded/blocked for filming
- no other car parking or traffic movements are to be interfered with
- provide advance notice to surrounding neighbours as a matter of courtesy.
How to apply?