Once you have development approval

Once you have development approval, you may need to apply for a permit to occupy a Council road as per Section 221 and 222 of the Local Government Act, 1999.  The Act provides that a road extends from property boundary to property boundary and includes the carriageway, footpaths and verges.

Applications MUST be submitted no less than TWO (2) weeks prior to commencement of works date and are required for any of the following on a Council Road as defined by The Act:

• hoarding;

• bin / shipping container;

• traffic management;

• temporary parking controls; and

• temporary road closures.

You can find out more or download a permit to occupy a Council road here.