Our Environmental Health Team is responsible for administering legislative requirements under the South Australian Public Health Act 2011, and subordinate codes and regulations.
Authorised officers assess hair, beauty and skin penetration business premises and practices to ensure that certain levels of hygiene exist.
Under the Public Health Act, Council's Environmental Health Officers have the power to:
- serve notices to the owner or other responsible person;
- enter and inspect the premises at reasonable times;
- make inquiries;
- ask questions;
- examine, inspect and test equipment;
- take samples;
- take photographs and videos;
- require records to be produced; and
- examine and copy the records.
Inspections will generally be performed on a routine basis and additional inspections will occur if complaints are received or investigations are required. Random inspections may also be undertaken.
For more information please visit the SA Health website.
You may also be interested in: