The City of Unley offers diversity in its investment opportunities, with the options to buy, lease or develop property.
With a pro-active ‘help, not hinder’ attitude to development, the City of Unley seeks to create greater local opportunities for businesses and investors.
There is strong support from State Government too, with legislative reforms being introduced to encourage growth in the state’s urban centres. Stamp duty has been reduced on ‘off the plan’ inner-city apartment purchases to makethem more attractive to buyers, greater building height limits have been allowed in some locations and red tape has been reduced where possible, streamlining bureaucratic processes.
The City of Unley has enormous scope for new development, infrastructure and services. High-value aged care facilities and exclusive apartment developments are just a couple of the emerging opportunities.
Unley Central precinct
The Unley Central Precinct is an important project for Council and explores the potential for:
- higher density buildings to achieve new commercial and residential development;
- quality mixed-use developments featuring cultural aspects;
- improvements to the public realm and traffic movement;
- refining major transport routes to enhance viability and convenience of public transport; and
- creating a model 'age-friendly' precinct where people of all ages can live together.
Rich community heritage
With a firm focus on supporting and facilitating Unley’s continued economic growth and development, Council is equally mindful of the need to achieve this without detracting from the city's rich heritage and multicultural character.
Key to our vision of sustainable development is the need to recognise and reinforce the character of streetscapes, buildings and the vibrancy of the City’s distinct villages and neighbourhoods. We aim to do this by:
- retaining valued and architecturally-significant buildings;
- sensitively incorporating complementary new higher-density, mixed-use developments;
- enhancing Unley's liveability, with improved local facilities, services and pedestrian-friendly roads; and
- creating better public transport, cycling and walking networks.
Commercial real estate agents
Contact a local commercial real estate agent to assist you with your property needs:
Raine & Horne Unley
4/215-217 Unley Rd, Malvern SA 5061
(08) 8372 2988
232 Unley Rd, Unley SA 5061
(08) 8230 5800
Jackman & Treloar
Shop 2 - 330 Unley Road, Hyde Park SA 5061
(08) 7078 5814
Alternatively, you can search for commercial property in the Unley area on realcommercial.com.au or commercialrealestate.com.au
You may also be interested in: